Bayles Elementary was the first school in Dallas (established 1856). I was a student there from kindergarten through fifth grade.
- TAG (Talented and Gifted) Program, 4th and 5th grades
- Favorite teacher: Mrs. Nichols (3rd grade)
- Wanted to play trombone or saxophone in music class; got stuck playing flute instead
- 4th Grade TAG research project: audio/visual presentation about ducks
- 5th Grade TAG research project: animated film about fish
- In 1976, the Liberty Bell was sent on tour to schools across the USA; I got to touch it when it came to Bayles