Owner and operator of independent art materials business with two locations in Philadelphia, PA totaling 5,000 square feet and an e-Commerce website with over 50,000 product SKUs. Managed 12 full- and part-time employees in two locations, overseeing all aspects of operation. Known for strong customer-service skills and connection with the community. Annual sales volume peaked at $300K.
Unfortunately, the 2008 recession combined with a year-long street construction project caused the collapse of the business in early 2009.
- Forbes Enterprise Awards Finalist, 2006
- Recipient of $10,000 grant from The Merchant Fund in 2008
- Teamed with FreshArtists and suppliers to provide over $40,000 in free art materials to Philadelphia Public School teachers in 2008-2009
- Sponsored Mt. Airy Baseball team each year
- Supported Allens Lane Art Center‘s summer Art Camp each year with donations and sponsorships
- Instrumental in creating Mt. Airy First Friday monthly event hosted by retail business owners
- Hosted free studio safety workshops for local artists
- Held monthly art exhibitions by local artists
- Hosted events and workshops with visiting artists
- Offered free and paid art classes taught by local artists